Tri-County Services

Criminal Justice Services FAQs

Click questions to view answers.

How do I apply for Criminal Justice Services?

Because all referrals are provided by probation and parole officers, interested persons or family members should contact the probation or parole officer and ask to be referred to mental health services.

Are Criminal Justice Services mental health services the same as other Tri-County Services?

The type of services is the same because of State standards for mental health services; they differ in the amount of involvement of the probation/parole officer, that persons admitted to Criminal Justice Services are not placed on a waiting list for services, and that services are provided without regard to insurance or ability to pay for the services.

My family member (with a mental impairment) is in jail - what should I do?

If possible, obtain the services of an attorney and arrange for the person to be released from jail on bond. Criminal Justice Services staff cannot provide legal advice but can assist with mental health related concerns, such as continuation of medications while in jail or links to services when released.

My family member, who is a Tri-County client, is in jail - what should I do?

Contact the Tri-County case manager who works with the family member and request assistance with medications while in jail and continuation of services upon release from jail.

Whom can I contact for more information?

Questions about Juvenile Justice Services can be addressed to the Juvenile Probation Officer or the Child and Adolescent Services staff at 936.521.6301.                  
Questions about Adult Criminal Justice Services can be addressed to:   Adult Criminal Justice Services Program - 936.521.6441, or Adult Criminal Justice Services Program Director - 936.521.6440